Mexico City is full of parks and squares that incentive people to enjoy outdoor activities. Some of these are small and charming parks located in beautiful neighborhoods and other ones are huge parks with an interesting history.
» Check availability, prices and BOOK YOUR MÉXICO TOUR
|TULUM AND XEL-HA FROM COZUMEL||PUEBLA AND CHOLULA FROM MEXICO CITY||XOCHIMILCO AND NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF MÉXICO||TEQUILA SIX PACK FROM PUERTO VALLARTA|
The biggest, most interesting or best-known parks in Mexico City are:
• Chapultepec Park and Zoo is located in the middle of the city, in the Paseo Reforma area. It is a very large park of 6 square km. and it hosts some of the most gorgeous attractions of Mexico City such as the Modern Art Museum and the Museum of Anthropology. Other important attractions at the Chapultepec Park are the city’s zoo, and other museums of Mexico City like the Children's Museum (Museo del Papalote), the Technology Museum, the Natural History Museum and the National Museum also known as Castillo de Chapultepec.
• Xochimilco has an amazing history which started in Aztec times. This area is characterized for having a vast system of waterways where the trajineras (colorful small boats) pass carrying mariachis or floating bars. It is a perfect gateway to have an idea of how Mexico looked like when the Spanish arrived.
• Plaza Garibaldi-Mariachi is a square surrounded by bars and restaurants where many mariachi bands meet to play their music outdoors on weekend’s evenings.
• Parque Mexico and Parque España are located in the Condesa neighborhood. These two adjacent parks of Mexico City are popular for housing outdoor exhibitions and concerts.
• Viveros de Coyoacan is a vast area of gardens which used to be divided into privately owned gardens and farm plots. There are a must-seeing for those traveling to Mexico.
For more information about Mexico City's parks, contact us and we will gladly send you further material about any subject of your interest. We will e-mail this information at no cost within 72 hours and it will be specific to your requirements.
In the peninsula of Yucatan there is one of the largest archaeological cities of the Maya civilization: Chichen Itza. It combines Toltec and Maya...
Mexico has 9,330 kilometers of coastline along the Pacific Ocean, ideal for those surfers looking for great beaches and huge waves. Mexican beaches are very popular worldwide; therefore...